Change Management 101

Hi there, earlier today, as I planned out my week, a sense of unease washed over me as I anticipated the intensity that lies ahead. 

Tomorrow, I start a new role as a Civics Reporter with the local newspaper—a profession mostly unfamiliar to me. Additionally, I've committed to creating and delivering a presentation on the practical application of AI models in Career Consulting. Along with the leadership team, I'll be presenting to the around 50 colleagues, some significantly more advanced on the topic than me. And finally, I continue to navigate regular clients, with around 20 meetings planned.

Yet, as I confront and organise my commitments, they begin to appear more manageable. I think the act of mapping out tasks gives me a sense of structure and reassurance, and allows me to develop a mental plan on tackling each one.

And then I realise that the real underlying tension is the imminent transition from freelancer to part-time employee. As a freelancer, I enjoy the freedom and autonomy to integrate my personal and professional life. The prospect of relinquishing some of that control feels uncomfortably significant. 

For months I've been wondering how I can shake things up and I've managed to make it happen - but it  demands adjustments and adaption on my part, and it's this that I'm railing against - I'm a Taurean, I like my routines. Also, weird that I'm comfortable with the work, but not the change. I better do some work on my internal stakeholder engagement.

 


 

Yesterday's picture - P and I spend two hours yacking over coffee and cake at the very excellent Tilda and Cocao, a monthly pop-up cafe in Gerringong.

 
 

Watched Mrs Dalloway, which I approached it with some dread, but it was terrific. Then I snuck in an episode 1 of Mayflies, which was beautiful, though needed subtitles, so no knitting.


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kindness, to Yourself